|Shops - 1||Prices|
Yandex Market |
Часы Amazfit Bip
|84||4.5||63 USD Buy|
|Available colors||Body Strap|
|Protection||Water ResistantIPX8Dust resistantIP6X|
|Type||Transflective LCDDisplay colorsMulti|
|Applications||Third-Party applicationsRequired apps androidXiaomi Amazfit Bip (Android)Required apps iosXiaomi Amazfit Bip (iOS)|
|Technologies||Hands free modeHandset|
|Battery life||Average time720hoursLow activity1080hours|
|Notifications||VibrationIncoming callCall ID displayApps|
|Time||AlarmStopwatchTimerWorld timeReminderCalendarPhases of the monthWeather|
|Conrol||Find my phoneOk GoogleVoice controlFind my devicePassbook|
|Remote control||Read SMS|
|Fitness||Dynamic heart rateReminder to moveCalorie consumption|
|Sport||RuningCyclingGolfSwimming SkiRock climbingJumpsVirtual exercise partnerSnowboarding|
Amazfit Bip OverviewAmazfit Bip is a smart watch designed by Huami (a subsidiary company of Xiaomi which specializes in smartwatches production). In fact, Amazfit Bip is an equivalence of Xiaomi Mi Band 2 and it represents Huami's attempt to make a cheaper alternative to Apple Watch. Amazfit Bip is a good option for an average buyer with modest requirements. If you need an extremely easy-to-use device with an excellent battery life (up to 45 days) and quite fast charging time (up to 2.5 hours) to monitor your health, then you should make your choice in favour of this smartwatch. Nevertheless, it is unlikely that this watch will suit professional athletes. The reason for this is in the limited set of functions of Amazfit Bip: the watch supports only running outdoors, running on a treadmill and walking. Buyers with high requirements for the device should pay attention to the smart watches of the higher priced segment of the market that are equipped with wider set of functions (Garmin vivosport, Atlas Wristband 2, Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro, Fitbit Charge 2, TomTom Spark 3 or Apple Watch Series 3).
Amazfit Bip was launched on December 8, 2017. This smart watch can be referred to as a simplified version of Amazfit Pace. The set of functions of these two devices is almost the same, although Amazfit Bip supports fewer kinds of sport (there is no support for trail running and exercises on exercise bikes), it has a smaller display and it is more suitable for amateur sport than for the professional one. Despite this fact, in comparison with a similar Xiaomi Mi Band 2 model, Amazfit Bip has an advantage in the form of a durable and relatively large screen, the GPS system and a long battery life.
Amazfit Bip functions
- Periodic measurement of heart rate with an optical heart rate monitor;
- The ability to track walking, cycling, running outdoors and running on a treadmill;
- Tracking the sleep time and its phases;
- A user is informed about incoming calls, SMS, events from the calendar, e-mail messages with the help of vibration;
- Tracking the running speed and route with GPS;
- Calculation of the calories burned during physical exercises;
- Time and weather showing, a timer and a compass.
Amazfit Bip design and constructionAmazfit Bip has a reflective display with a diagonal of 1.28" made of Gorilla Glass 3 with an oleophobic coverage. The only element of physical control of the device is the button on the side of the watch which is responsible for getting out of sleep mode. The weight of the device is small (about 30g), the Amazfit Bip strap is made of hypoallergenic silicone and it can be changed. The device itself is made of polycarbonate and zirconium ceramic alloy. Amazfit Bip is protected from dust and moisture according to the IP68 standard which allows you to immerse the device in water with a depth of up to 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes. In addition, the look of the main screen can be customized with the help of Notify & Fitness for Amazfit application where you can choose from 10 themes. Unlike Amazfit Pace, there is no ability to download additional themes from the Internet. The design of Amazfit Bip can be defined as rather ill-conceived because of the too wide rims around the display, although the shape of the device is very similar to Apple Watch. If we consider Amazfit Bip to be an accessory, this smartwatch surely cannot demonstrate a high status of its owner, and if the device design is really important for you, but you do not want to spend a lot of money on a smartwatch, we recommend that you pay attention to Amazfit Pace.
Pros of Amazfit Bip
- Amazfit Bip holds the charge well, its battery life in practice is up to 20 days with GPS enabled;
- Amazfit Bip regularly checks the heart rate (the measurement graph can be set in the Mi Fit application) and allows you to build up a good overall picture of the heart rate throughout the day;
- When you run on a treadmill, Amazfit Bip helps you to track your progress by informing its user about every kilometer that he/she has run with vibration;
- Amazfit Bip almost never loses Bluetooth connectivity to attached devices;
- Amazfit Bip display is visible perfectly in the sun.
Cons of Amazfit Bip
- Amazfit Bip’s touchscreen is not responsive. Often in order to make a command appera on the display, it is necessary to put some effort by pressing it several times;
- Amazfit Bip does not measure the pulse regularly. To measure the heart rate, you must select this function manually from the menu;
- Amazfit Bip displays notifications inconveniently: when a user gets notifications from messengers, Amazfit Bip notifies you of the entire branch of previously unread messages instead of showing the most recent unread ones;
- Amazfit Bip does not involve strength training. Therefore, for those who prefer running or cycling to working out at the gym, we recommend paying more money, but getting a reliable device. For example, Garmin vivosport, Atlas Wristband 2, Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro, Fitbit Charge 2 or TomTom Spark 3;
- Amazfit Bip is not fully compatible with iOS: the Notify & Fitness for Amazfit app is not available for iOS, and you will not be able to change the look of your watch's main screen with a tablet or an Apple smartphone. Nevertheless, 10 themes for change will be available on the watch itself, but you will not be able to use the additional 11 themes from the application;
- Amazfit Bip is considered to be one of the best cheap GPS enabled watches, but the frequency of the sensor’s scanning of this smart watch is too low in order to make a pretence at being a device suitable for professional running;
- Amazfit Bip can not be synchronized with the computer, since the USB cable that comes with the computer is equipped only with power supply lines.
Errors and bugs of Amazit Bip
- Amazfit Bip can give incorrect information about how many kilometers you have run;
- Amazfit Bip often does not recognize awakening and for a long time supposes that the user is still asleep.
Recommendations for Amazfit Bip
- Despite the degree of dust and moisture resistance IP68, do not immerse the device in water for a long time, with the exception of some daily and household contacts of Amazfit Bip with water (washing hands, doing the washing-up or taking a shower);
- Use only Amazfit Bip licensed firmware and do not install other third-party firmwares from the Internet, as they do not guarantee security and can do harm to the device.
Reviews about Amazfit Bip
- Users note that Amazfit Bip is an excellent option of a smart watch for those who have never had experience of dealing with similar devices and for those whose requirements for watches are not high;
- It is reported that the standard Amazfit Bip strap draws dust to it and even the slightest dirt becomes noticeable there, and it is very difficult to remove it from the surface of the strap;
- According to the remarks of some users, the compass on Amazfit Bip is useless because it shows incorrect data or does not want to be calibrated at all;
- It is known that Amazfit Bip is rather simple to use, but its interface is not so clear at first sight and you need some time to get used to it;
- Users confirm the full incompatibility of Amazfit Bip with strength training. When you try to measure the pulse during your training at the gym, Amazfit Bip shows a very low heart rate even when it is felt to be wrong.
List of applications for Amazfit BipIn addition to the official application Mi Fit, we recommend that Android users install a proven Notify & Fitness for Amazfit application (currently this application is not available for iOS).
- Mi Fit. The application allows you to save your workout data, synchronize with Mi Body Composition Scale, analyze sleep, set announcements of notifications, SMS and calls, control the alarm clock on the smart watch. In addition, if you sit too long without moving, Mi Fit will send a notification to your watch with a vibration that will remind you that it's time to walk a little.
- Notify & Fitness for Amazfit. Notify & Fitness for Amazfit is, in fact, an equivalence of Mi Fit, but it has paid additional functions and add-ons, such as setting customized notifications for each phonebook contact, ignoring notifications from unwanted applications so they do not appear on the watch, searching for a phone / tablet connected to Amazfit Bip. The free version differs from Mi Fit by its ability to set up to 8 alarm clocks.
Analogs Amazfit Bip
Showing 1-10 of 10 items.
|90||Misfit Shine 2||2880||8.5|
|31||Sony SmartBand SWR10||120||6|
|109||Sony SmartBand Talk SWR30||296×128||1.4"||70||24|
|Amazfit Health Band||0.42"||168||10|
|185||Garmin vivoactive HR||205×148||1.38"||150|
|372||Garmin Fenix 3 HR||218×218||1.2"||40||86.1|
|Country of production||Guangdong, China|
|Total weight||31 gram||20 gram||32 gram||8.5 gram|
|Dimensions||19×11×245 mm.||30.5×30.5×8 mm.|
|Sensor||Plastic||Aluminum||316L Stainless Steel||AnodizingAlimünyum|
|Package weight||116 gram|
|Display||2.D Gorilla Glass|
|Water Resistant||IPX8||IP67||WR 50|
|Type||Transflective LCD||OLED||IPS LCD|
|Display colors||Multi colors||1 colors||Multi colors|
|Size||1.28 inches||0.42 inches||1.23 inches|
|Resolution||176×176 px.||72×40 px.||80×160 px.|
|Pixel density||196 ppi|
|Type||Lithium Polymer||Li-pol||Li-Ion||Replaceable battery|
|Capacity||190 mAh||70 mAh||170 mAh||225 mAh|
|Battery life - waiting||480 hours||288 hours|
|Battery life - tested||10 hours|
|Average time||720 hours||480 hours||2880 hours|
|Low activity||1080 hours||288 hours||4320 hours|
|Charging time||2.50 hours||0.5 hours||2.5 hours|
|Input voltage||5 volt|
|Operating system||Proprietary OS||Proprietary OS|
|Required apps android||Xiaomi Amazfit Bip (Android)||Xiaomi Amazfit Arc (Android)||Xiaomi Amazfit Cor (Android)||Misfit Shine 2 (Android)|
|Required apps ios||Xiaomi Amazfit Bip (iOS)||Xiaomi Amazfit Arc (iOS)||Xiaomi Amazfit Cor (iOS)||Misfit Shine 2 (iOS)|
|Find my phone|
|Rotate to switch|
|Find my device|
|Dynamic heart rate|
|Reminder to move|
|Type of heart rate monitor||Optical|