|Shops - 1||Prices|
Yandex Market |
Браслет Healbe GoBe 2
|15||4.0||251 USD Buy|
Healbe GoBe 2 overviewHealbe GoBe 2 was launched at the beginning of 2017. Compared to its predecessor, the gadget has received new sensors, greater monitoring accuracy and an improved battery. All these features are available now in a lightweight plastic case and with a new firmware. Is there any progress? Definitely. Is it worth buying? It's not all as easy as it sounds. Let's try to understand it.
Important dates for Healbe:
- 1999 — work at a non-invasive glucometer in the institute "Alogrime" in St. Petersburg;
- 2000–2006 — development and release of the first prototype with a large number of bugs and problems;
- 2006–2009 — improvement of hardware, software and of tracking algorithms;
- 2011 — the second test batch, everything was a reject;
- 2013 — the release of Healbe on Indiegogo, raising funds for the first generation of GoBe;
- 2014 — the first acknowledgement of the device work by doctors, but not a certification;
- 2015 — Healbe GoBe went on sale;
- 2017 — the release of a significantly updated second generation.
The main differences from the first Healbe GoBe
- New sensors: for temperature and skin-galvanic reaction monitoring;
- Improved accelerometer: 9 axes instead of 3 + a gyroscope and a magnetometer included;
- A powerful battery: up to 48 hours instead of 36 in its predecessor;
- Docking station: now it is equipped with a magnet, which allows you to charge the gadget in any position;
- The next generation of Bluetooth: Bluegiga BLE113 instead of 112;
- Memory card: built-in NAND instead of removable MicroSD;
- Case material: now it is made of plastic, not of metal — to reduce weight;
- Hardware material: an alloy with coating instead of nickel — it does not irritate the skin;
- Dimensions and weight: it is by 10 mm thinner and by 50 grams (by half) lighter;
- Strap: it is more versatile, within the limits of 140-240 mm.
Healbe GoBe 2 design and constructionThe design is almost the same as in the previous version: the central case of plastic is fixed in the wristband made of rigid and flexible TPSIV. This material is a mixture of polyurethane and rubber. The wristband itself is equipped with an unusual clasp, but after about ten minutes you can get used to it and manage to fasten the strap. There is no display. Instead of it, there is a ribbed plastic panel, which replaced the metal bar from the first generation. There are blue diodes under the panel. They show the time, percentage of charge, pulse, steps taken and calories burned. Sensors on the back of the screen side of the case work correctly only when they fit the skin tightly. The whole gadget is waterproof, it withstands splashes and diving up to 3 meters. There is the only control button on the side on the case. It's pretty tight, but it's not necessary to press it often. The button turns on the gadget and switches the screen between different information. Charger is fastened to the back of the case. Magnetic docking station is convenient because it charges the gadget in any position — even if it hangs on the cord. The package includes:
- The Healbe GoBe 2 device itself;
- Dock station;
- USB cord for charging;
Healbe GoBe 2 functionsThe device has not received any principally new functions, but it has improved already existed ones:
- Calories counting. It became more accurate thanks to the new sensors. The manufacturer claims that the permissible error is 10–15%, it is difficult to check it because manual calculation of the number of calories burned is much less accurate. But in dynamics gadget shows itself not bad. The most skeptical reviews indicate an error of up to 35%, but this is ok for the first days when the sensors are adapted and applied to the person. In addition to consumed and burned calories, Healbe GoBe 2 also distinguishes between proteins, fats and carbohydrates;
- Steps tracking. The accelerometer has now 9 axes, so it counts steps more accurate than the first version does. Tests show that tracking does not fail and almost does not make an error;
- Heart rate measurement. The gadget counts the pulse constantly, the results are shown on average every five seconds. The average statistics for every five minutes are saved;
- Stress level control. The wristband takes into account the sleep quality, the readings of the heart rate monitor, the response from the skin galvanic reaction sensor. On this basis it shows the level of stress. There is also a second indicator — emotional tension;
- Water balance monitoring. Healbe GoBe 2 itself counts how much water the user drank and it compares it with the norm. It can distinguish between fresh and mineral water, analyzing the salt balance. Tips to drink water can be annoying, but they are useful!
- Sleep monitoring. A smart wristband knows how much it is necessary to sleep, based on the analysis of daily activity. It shows the sleep time both separately and in phases, awakenings, but most importantly — the quality and effectiveness of sleep. The alarm clock can wake up in a fast phase within the specified time interval or only when the desired quality of sleep is reached.
Pros of Healbe GoBe 2
FLOW Technology is an unparalleled technology with automatic tracking;
Accurate and constant measurements are only a small error in comparison to manual control;
Application and compatibility — full statistics, it works with Android and iOS;
Durable and protected case — it is not afraid of scratches and water at a depth of 3 meters.
FLOW Technology. The system uses data from all five sensors to track calories, energy balance, sleep, stress, pulse. The basic principle is to measure the dynamics of glucose in the blood. In this case, the gadget does not show the glucose level itself, but calculates the remaining parameters on its basis. It is an unparalleled gadget in the world;
Measurements. Tests show that the gadget on average works with an error of 15–25%, which is quite accurate. The more you wear Healbe GoBe 2 and follow the instructions, the more accurate the indicators are. This concerns calories, hydration and sleep. It is important that the device records all statistics constantly — it shows the dynamics of the body;
Application. The companion on the smartphone shows all the data recorded by the tracker. It is not necessary to synchronize it constantly. The wristband remembers the statistics and transmits it at each contact — three times a day. There is an app for Android and iOS. You can link to Google Fit, Apple Health and InKin;
Case. No matter how cumbersome the wristband is, it is strong. There is no screen and it means that there is nothing to scratch. Water protection allows you to swim and take shower without taking off the wristband. It helps to represent statistics even more accurately. There is only one button, it's also problematic to break it.
Cons of Healbe GoBe 2
Still a weak battery — you need to charge it every day for constant use;
Still a cumbersome design — the wristband is too big for a thin wrist;
— 260 USD on the official website.
Battery. Even the increased battery capacity does not allow to reveal the whole potential of the wristband. The stated work time is 48 hours. It is true if you synchronize 1–2 times and check the statistics rarely. Therefore, if you want to monitor both sleep and activity, you have to decide when to charge the gadget. It takes about 2 hours and it is better to do it in the daytime at work;
Design. The wristband has become a little thinner and much lighter thanks to a plastic case instead of a metal one. But the design remained unusual. The device must be tightened on the arm, so that the sensors fit the skin tightly — this causes discomfort, especially at night. On the children's and women's arm Healbe GoBe 2 looks unnaturally cumbersome;
Price. The wristband does not have any competitors, there are enough innovations, so the price reflects it. In unofficial sources you can find it 30–50 USD cheaper.
Errors and bugs of Healbe GoBe 2The gadget is quite complicated and works in accordance with a composite algorithm. Therefore, the majority of problems, bugs and inaccuracies with data happen due to incorrect usage. In case of any failure, first check how tightly the sensors fit your skin. Typical errors in this case are the following:
- NO CONTACT message on the gadget screen;
- Problems of synchronization with the application;
- The error is more than 40% in any statistics;
- Incorrect determination of stress or type of sleep.
Tips for Healbe GoBe 2 usageThe main advice is to study the instruction and follow it exactly. Developers are aware of the complicated gadget algorithms, so they explain exhaustively how to make Healbe GoBe 2 effective. The site lists the most useful recommendations:
- Charging. For the first time you need to charge the gadget during a minimum of 90 minutes. Then it takes 2 hours to charge it to 100%. The second version of the gadget has a magnetic charging — now you do not need to get the case out of the wristband, it works in any position;
- Battery. Ideally, you need to charge the battery to a minimum of 70% and do not discharge it below 10%. Once a month, discharge the gadget completely and charge it up to 100%. To extend the battery life, use only the standard USB cable;
- Usage. In order to get correct statistics, Healbe GoBe 2 should be in contact with the skin constantly. To speed up the first synchronization, you can wet your arm under the wristband. Then, wear the gadget constantly — if it loses the contact with your body for longer than 100 minutes during 24 hours, then the results of tracking severely suffer. An important point! When filling in the data during the first synchronization, specify everything as accurately as possible — this will increase the effectiveness of the gadget;
- Care. You cannot use the wristband in salt water, and if there is water on the case surface — you need to wipe it dry. Also you need to wipe the case from sweat. To clean the bottom you can use a cloth soaked in fresh water. The sensors can also be cleaned with cotton buds. it is better to clean the entire wristband regularly — once a week.
- Сhildren under 13 years old and pregnant women should not use the gadget;
- People with problems of water-salt balance, cardiovascular diseases, any diseases associated with metabolism should not use the dadget;
- In the mode of extreme diets and starvation, with frequent intensive training or constant weak workloads, the accuracy of statistics can seriously suffer;
- In conditions of high temperature and humidity, the results will also be less accurate;
- The wristband can irritate the skin in places of tattoos, scars and inflammation.
Reviews about Healbe GoBe 2Both generations are still being discussed both by experts and ordinary users. Many complain about low accuracy or errors in work, but this almost always happens due to inattention. If you read the instructions and follow the recommendations, then the efficiency will increase. Owners of Healbe GoBe 2 are satisfied with the new sensors and the running application. The design is still controversial, but the wristband has become lighter. People do not like the still low battery life — the battery could live for longer time. To buy or not to buy? There are no real counterparts, but the price is 260 USD. If you want to feel innovations, then you should buy it. If you are not in strong need of calories calculation, then a less complicated fitness tracker will suit you.
Healbe GoBe applicationAfter the firmware update, the official application works in the same way on gadgets of both generations. Therefore, a complete list of functions and features can be found in the Healbe GoBe article. The gadget also has its own web application. There are more detailed statistics there — not only for the last 6 days, as on a smartphone. In different browsers it can work slowly.
Analogs Healbe GoBe 2
Showing 1-10 of 10 items.
|12||Xiaomi Mi Band 1S||240||15|
|18||Xiaomi Mi Band 2||0.42"||70||19.4|
|32||Huawei Honor Band 3||32×128||0.91"||100||18|
|140||Fitbit Charge 2||1.5"||36.8|
|26||iWOWNfit i6 Pro||88×128||0.73"||58.2||18|
|127||Fitbit Alta HR||36×128||1.4"|
|Model||GoBe 2||Mi Band 1S||Mi Band 2||Band 3|
|Country of production||China||China|
|Total weight||15 gram||19.4 gram||18 gram|
|Body weight||14 gram||7 gram|
|Dimensions||13.6×37×9.9 mm.||15.7×40.3×10.5 mm.||16.5×43×10.3 mm.|
|Sensor||Aluminum; polycarbonate||Plastic; aluminum||Plastic|
|Package weight||95 gram||90 gram||104 gram|
|Dimensions||96×31×96 mm.||10×3×10 mm.||100×40×160 mm.|
|Temperature||-20/70 °C||-20/70 °C|
|Display colors||1 colors||1 colors|
|Size||0.42 inches||0.91 inches|
|Pixel density||147 ppi|
|Capacity||41 mAh||70 mAh||100 mAh|
|Battery life - waiting||480 hours||480 hours||720 hours|
|Battery life - tested||15 hours||15 hours|
|Average time||240 hours|
|Low activity||480 hours||480 hours|
|Charging time||2 hours||2 hours||1.5 hours|
|Input voltage||5 volt||5 volt||5 volt|
|Input current||25 mA||45 mA|
|Operating system||Proprietary OS||Proprietary OS||Proprietary OS|
|Required apps android||Xiaomi Mi Band 1S (Android)||Xiaomi Mi Band 2 (Android)|
|Required apps ios||Xiaomi Mi Band 1S (iOS)||Xiaomi Mi Band 2 (iOS)|
|Call ID display|
|Rotate to switch|
|Find my device|
|Dynamic heart rate|
|Reminder to move|
|UP by Jawbone|
|Type of heart rate monitor||Optical||Optical||Optical|